From: Stephen Casey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 1:17 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] New Question.. Best Practices...

Sam,

<snip>
Another (related) issue is the clearance on inner plane layers. I had 100
boards manufactured once with a slight misalignment on the power plane. All
the connections were ok, but the power plane was almost breaking through the
wall of the mounting holes on one side. One or two screws cut sufficiently
deeply into the side wall to cause a short to the chassis. Now I leave about
30 thou (as an aside - most PCB houses I speak to here in the UK always
assume that I mean 'mm' if I say 'such and such mil', so I always say
'thou' - what's the convention?)

Hope this helps

Steve.