On 12:17 PM 8/03/2002 -0800, Dwight said:
>That question, plus the one about toggling layers, led me to this
>"discovery" -- I set one button to:
>
>Process: PCB:DocumentPreferences
>Parms: plane3=false | plane2=false | topSignal=true | bottomSignal=true
>
>and a second button where the true's & false's were reversed. This
>technique essentially gives you any "sets" of layers you want.  I don't
>know if there's a limit to the parm string length! NOTE: The display
>status of any layer not in the parms will remain unchanged.

Dwight,

Length of param string is 256 characters max I think - I could check but I
have not got the SDK documentation available at the moment.  Someone else
that does only has to look at the declaration of the process parameter
string - if it is a TString then it is 256 characters.

Wouldn't be too hard to try it - copy and paste the same layer multiple
times (plane2=false |plane2=false |plane2=false ) to rapidly build up a
long string and see what happens to a different layer at the end. Report
your experience please.

Ian Wilson