3/10/02

Matt,

Thank you very much.  I created sixteen different plds and wrote 560
lines of simulation
code to test them.  With the exception of a few typos, everything moved
along without any
problems.  In the past I have always used Palasm to prepare PLD files,
but with my new 2GHz
computer, I figured it was time to leave the old Dos crap (though easy
to use) behind
(except for Autotrax, even though I'll never use it again, I still like
having loaded just
in case...my all time favorite love/hate relationship).

Considering this was my first experience with CUPL, I was suprised at
how smoothly
everything went, although I was puzzled at why no .jed files were
showing up as I completed
each part.  Even the .SO and waveform outputs worked perfect.  After
completeing the last
part, needless to say, without the .jed file all else is a waste of
time. I spent more time
reading and rereading the tutorials, the handbook and the website trying
to figure out how
to get the damn .jed files.

After getting your response I opened 99SE and looked in the ddb folder
and still no .jed
files.  Still hopeful, I shut down 99SE, opened Windows Explorer and
looked in the ddb root
folder again and BINGO! There they were, all sixteen .jeds.  This is
classic Protel
mentality.  Since they fixed the endless file backup problem, I never
bother to look in the
root file anymore.  What truly surprises me is that you  can't see the
.jed files when
you're in the 99SE evironment!  Go figure...

Thanks again.  This is the best user group I have ever subscribed to,
certainly the one
with not only the most problems but the most difficult.  Very competent
group.

Gary Packman