It's done in PCB rather than Schematic.

If you only want to hide the Part Types normally shown on the
PCB Footprint, you can globally change them to hidden, by
clicking on any component on the PCB to pullup the edit panel,
select global, go to the Comment Tab, and check the Hidden box.
This will hide _all_  part types on the board. If you want to leave
some visible (like Jxx, etc), you can Unhide their Part Type by
selecting the one to be visible, the repeat the process above
using a Global change parameter of All Selected.

Another way is to Select All, then Deselect the individual parts you
want to have _visible_ Part Type. Then click on one of the still selected
parts and do a Global change with Attributes to Match By set to
Same. Then go to Comments tab and check Hide.

Brian