OK. This is off topic (not about Protel)

I am trying to determine if the Solder mask thickness that I am specifying
is thick enough.

Here is what I specify:

"Solder mask shall be applied to both sides of the pcb over bare copper.
Solder mask shall meet requirements of IPC-SM-840B, Class 2, Type B1,
liquid, photo-defined.
Solder mask shall meet the cure requirements of IPC-SM-650, Method 2.3.23."

We had a different PCB Manufacturer make some sample boards for us and I
thought the Solder mask looked too thin.  Then I went back to the boards for
our preferred manufacturer and they did not look much better.
I was able to put a multimeter probe on a via and the other probe on the
trace from that via, and after scraping the probe across the trace twice I
went through the solder mask and got a short.

Does this sound like an acceptable Solder mask?

Thanks for any input.

Cam Andruik
Harding Instruments
780 462-7100