At 06:02 PM 3/19/2002 +1100, Ian Wilson wrote:

>It looked like spam to me as well.

Technical point: an answer to a question on the list is not spam. It may
indeed be a solicitation, but it has been invited, presumably, so it isn't
even advertising. If, however, the user in question is answering something
that was posted months ago, I'd consider it spam....

And if someone is pretending to be a user giving a testimonial who is
actually selling the product would be false advertising in substance if not
at law.

That it was posted by a website visitor is indeed suspicious, but the
matter is probably not worth much discussion....

I would not recommend trusting single-source libraries, including those
from Protel, without checking them. I'd like to see a user group which
does, in fact, do this checking, to validate symbols and footprints, but
that is another story....

(We are duplicating a lot of labor....)

Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA