>I think there are a number of precedence problems in the design rules.  A
>useful debugging tools is to right click on one of the pads/vias and select
>the "Applicable Binary Rules" or words to that effect and it should show
>you what rules it thinks it is applying to the entity.  Probably won't help
>any bugs but it can be a useful method of checking that what you think is
>applying actually is.  It is also useful for confirming bugs before you
>report then here and to Protel.
>
>Ian Wilson

I had problems with rules' precedence and when I read the manual it became
no clearer how to get around it except to find that it was all
predetermined. Can I ask if other people agree whether it wouldn't just be
easier to let the user decide which order the rules needed to be evaluated.
Can that be much harder to program? Do we need the software to tell us the
precedence - would we all make lots of mistakes?

Doug