Anthony Whitesell wrote:

> Does anyone know how (if it is possible) to create a new power port symbol?

You're not talking about a menu entry, but the actual picture that goes on
the schematic itself?  There are 5, I think, different symbols built into
Protel that you can set up a custom menu entry for.  I don't think there is
any way to easily add a new symbol to the list, however.  On the other hand,
I think you could create a "component", put it in a library, and make up
a menu entry that would select that component with a "Place Part"
command.  If the name of the pin in the component is GND or a power
net on your board, and the pin is set as a power pin, it should work just like

any of the predefined power ports.

I've never had the need to make a new symbol for this purpose, the ones
built in have been sufficient.