At 04:27 PM 4/8/2002 -0700, Shuping Lew wrote:
>I try to add IC power table to Schematic...

Others gave good advice as to how to make a table in Schematic. So I'm
responding to the basic idea of making an "IC power table."

It is essential, of course, that actual connections be made to power pins,
even if the pins are hidden. If one wants to show the connections in a
table, it would be better to use multipart components with a power section,
placing that component and connecting it to power, instead of using hidden
pins.

A text table is "REF" information, i.e., it would be redundant, used for
reference only. Redundant information should clearly be labeled as "REF,"
but the fact is that it may be assumed by a reader of the schematic to be
accurate. And there will be no automatic checking of this information to
guarantee that it corresponds to actual connections. I consider such a
table to be not a good idea.

Power section parts can be designed so that they are placed in what would
be similar to a table; the difference would be that these parts would
actually make the desired connections instead of being merely for
reference. This is more flexible and more reliable than using hidden pins.
May of our experienced writers are strongly against any use of hidden pins
at all. That may be an extreme position, but one should be aware that there
are reasons for this strong dislike of hidden pins.