On 10:47 AM 25/04/2002 +0200, Schmitt Michael said:

>so now close the sch files by doing so on the tabbing pane (above the
>schematic sheet with the name of the current file inside) and select close
>document. now protel just closes this document without asking for saving it
>nor does it save the file with the changes from the update. reopen the
>schematic an the fields are as the were before the update ...

Yes, this bug does exist and Protel are aware of it. I noticed the same
thing while writing the server mentioned below.  I emailed support and the
response was that I should add and then delete a dummy component to mark
the document as dirty.  I was doing this but thought there must be a better
method.  Simply changing the attribute of a component using SDK functions
does not mark the document as dirty.

I will add this as a bug to the bug database.

>that ist realy very bad, as the database update takes so much time even with
>600MHz. my design here takes about 50minutes and is not very big. (no it ist
>not the network).

There is a server that is faster (many time faster) than Protels DB import...
(http://www.considered.com.au/Protel01.htm look for the CSExtractFromExcel
server).

This server does mark any sch sheets that are modified as dirty.

Ian Wilson