Uh,
Don't scare him at the beginning. There is still time
to start counting the days left...
It is un advantage not to know any other CAD tool when
starting Protel.
I'd recommend to start with checking the menus and
reading the help (if there is nothing else). If you
want to accomplish something and you don't know how,
you'd better post the question. There are many
experienced and friendly people here.

Good luck,
Mira

http://www.techservinc.com/protelusers/forumrules.html