Hi,

Can anyone help me with my clearance problem.
Clearance between VIA and power plane (split plane)
track (primitive). If I place a VIA to split plane,
it connects to plane and there is a relief. When I move
that VIA near green track wich is part of defined
split plane, DRC gives a short-circuit error.
When the distance between the VIA and the power plane track
(track is vertical) is 3.6mil, DRC does not give a
short-circuit error. Clearance rule for whole board is 7mil.

Then there is a track on power plane wich is rotated 45 degree,
if distance between the VIA and the power plane track is 13.12mil,
DRC does not give a short-circuit error.

If I change the VIA with same size PAD there is NO DRC error.

What are those distances (3.6 and 13.12mil), where those
are from and how to control them?
Why VIA and PAD does not act same way?

Hope You can understand what I mean!

I can send You a *.GIF, if you like to see more...

Thank you...

Sincerely,
Juha Pajunen, Hw Engineer
Bitboys Oy
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
NOTE:  This message, and any attached files, may contain
privileged or confidential information.  It is intended for use only by the
designated recipients.  Any disclosure, copying or distribution of, or
reliance upon, this message by anyone else is strictly prohibited.