From: Embedded Matt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2002 2:10 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: [PEDA] Adding extra tracks and vias.

I'm working on a layout with two quad flat packs.  A
substantial number of pins on each chip have no
connection.  Because of the difficulty of
hand-soldering to fine pitch pins, I would like to add
a track and a via to each unused pin for possible use
later.

I'm have two issues:

1. DRC flags these extra tracks and vias as
violations.
2. I get no protection from the design rules that
specify minimum clearances and such.

I think this must be a common problem.  Is there an
easy way to fix this without changing the schematic?

Protel 99 SE sp6.

Thanks,
Matt