Dennis,
        while you state this is a single etch layer design, I assume that
you have vias. Am I right? Phenolic or CEM1 will not electroplate reliably
or at least not without contaminating the plating bath with phenols. If you
are doing the silver via epoxy process then forget the above comments. If
you are plating then you will want to look at CEM3 at least, possibly CEM4.
CEM 3 and CEM4 have fabric reinforcement of the laminate and will plate
without contaminating the bath. DO you need UL fire rating? Then you will
want to look at FR1. Lots of issues, lots of possibilities. Look into the
glass temperature of whatever you select.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

Visit us at Booth 2G2-09 at CommunicAsia 2002 in Singapore June 18-21.