> At 09:31 PM 6/4/2002 -0400, Mitch Berkson wrote:
> >I'd like to draw graphical dashed lines in a schematic to indicate guard
> >traces which should be placed during PCB layout.  Is there a way to do
> >this in Protel 99SE SP6?
>
> Others have noted how to place a dashed line, and also that such a line has
> no incorporated intelligence, it is only a note to the PCB designer.
>
> However, it is possible to go further than that.
>
> I assume that the guard traces are to be grounded, since they would be
> positively harmful if they were not.

Thanks for the useful information.

Just as a point of interest - the type of guard trace I will be using is not
necessarily connected to ground.  It is guarding the high impedance input of
an op amp with a low impedance signal at the same voltage in order to minimize
leakage current into the high impedance node.

Mitch Berkson