On 08:46 AM 10/06/2002 +0100, Michael Binning said:

>Hello all,
>
>Does anybody know how to change the output order for the BOM generation
>from schematic?
>
>Currently it outputs in component value order.  Can I change this?
>
>It would be beneficial if I could sort by component type for instance.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Mike.
>
>Michael Binning

Michael,

Which BOM format?  If you use the BOM Wizard then you get a CSV file - you
can then use a spreadsheet to sort it as you wish.

There is a server ... blush... available that can help manage BOMs that can
be helpful in some cases.  My add-on server is available for free trial but
if you use it, other than for trial, I do ask for a USD$50.  It can be set
to sort on any field and will optionally produce a concatenated designator
list.  It can load (and save) settings from a file and can run with these
file settings from a process parameter allowing "one-button" consistently
formatted BOMs. (http://www.considered.com.au/Protel01.htm#CSPartsListServer)

Sorry if some of you feel I am pushing these servers - I do try not to go
overboard and to offer alternative solutions and to provide links to
other's servers when appropriate questions come up.  (I make no money on
them - they are really an interest thing but they do take a fair bit of time.)

Ian Wilson