Yes,  I probably should have done it this way.

I was doing this just after experiencing the DDB corruption problem with the
"Save Copy As" (in Orcad format).  Not knowing the exact parameters of
the problem,  I guess I was trying to step around any potential minefields,
and so I avoided the general area that had gotten me into trouble.
At the time copy, cutting,  and pasting came to mind....
---Phil