At 03:48 PM 6/14/2002 +0300, Juha Pajunen wrote:

>I have PCB file from Accel software. I would like
>get it into Protel99SE, how can I get it there?

Depends on the version. Accel made a number of quite different packages
with differing file formats, and then there are version differences as
well. Here is a brief summary of some aspects of the issue.

Accel Tango DOS may be imported into Protel PCB version 2.8. Protel used to
supply 2.8 to people who need this facility. From 2.8 the file can be taken
into more recent Protel versions.

I don't know about TangoPro and the current Tango, also called PCAD Lite, I
would probably try to take it into PCAD 2001 first through the demo
described below.

Accel PCAD 2000 ASCII can be directly imported into P99SE, the importers
were included in SP6. Create an empty PCB or Schematic file, open it, and
then use File/Import and select the appropriate type of source file. I
think PCBs and Schematics can also be exported to PCAD 2000.

There is an Accel PCAD 2001 30-day full function demo on the acceltech.com
web site. It should be able to load most any Accel file and then write it
out in the ASCII format.

Note regarding time-limited demos in general: if all you want to do is to
translate a file with it, and you have an older computer sitting around,
you might want to install the demo on that computer, since, once
uninstalled or upon the expiration of 30 days, the demo cannot be
uninstalled and reinstalled on the same computer without reformatting the
hard drive or, I suppose, doing some serious hacking.

I've never tried it, but the Protel 30-day demo reportedly detects changes
in the system date and will refuse to run if the clock has been turned
back; the Accel demo may use the same technology. If reinstallation is
necessary during the trial period, Accel advises reinstalling over the
first installation and warns against uninstallation until one is ready to
get rid of it entirely.

* Tracking #: 3DDE752CCB2DC642907B956AA110E4F0CFE07A7C