No problems here with 99SE under XP, certainly faster than Win2K. Disk is
hardly accessed, except after a very long day using Protel PCB when Protel
appears to be hogging 100's of Meg of memory. A Protel 99SE restart to
release the memory and all is fine.

I would hazard to suggest your XP problems are caused by something else
other than Protel and XP.

Ian