> OK, I am less than impressed by Microsoft too, but 10K?  Even embedded
> versions of DOS take up at least 64K.  I do admit 100M is way too big
> though.  What are they doing with all that RAM?

I've heard you can significantly reduce the memory footprint for XP Pro/Home
by disabling services you don't need. Of course Microsoft doesn't make
finding information about the default services easy to find. However this
guys web site has good info on the default services
http://www.blkviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm. He claims you can reduce the
memory footprint by 12 to 70 megs.

Paul