I have been following this thread (and others on the same topic before)
with some astonishment. I placed a .TIF file with our company logo on the
schematic templates long time ago, which is stored in only one location,
far away from any protel files, and it just works fine with any project I
have been doing since. There has never been any problem whatsoever with
this feature. It is a local drive, though, where the graphic is located,
not a network drive. WIN2K and P99SE SP6 (like most of you).

Gisbert Auge
N.A.T. GmbH
www.nateurope.com

                    "Dennis Saputelli"

                    <dsicon@integratedcontro        An:     "Protel EDA Forum"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    lsinc.com>                      Kopie:

                                                    Thema:  Re: [PEDA] Images and
Schematic Templates
                    03.07.2002 05:18

                    Bitte antworten an

                    "Protel EDA Forum"

after 'solving' this problem with the help of others here by putting
copies of the bitmap all over the f'ing place it seemed to work well
and then ...
i opened a schematic today and there was no picture, only the text
placeholder

i give up, it just doesn't work IMHO

for the record i have copies of the bitmap in:
the local directory
inside the DDB
in the \system directory of protel on all the machines
in the \Design Explorer directory
in the library folders
in the library DDBs
probably other places as well

so for some X thousand dollars we can hope that DXP will work in this
very simple matter

Dennis Saputelli