Frank,
        you are starting to sound like I used to when I first came back to
using Protel a couple of years ago. Take a 'lude' and chill out dude. We all
know that Protel product support and programming acuity is a joke. There is
only one way that Protel will ever listen, stop giving them your money!
Don't upgrade to DXP, don't pay for ATS. Watch them squirm for a number of
months (6-8months, should be lots of discounting and specials) and they will
have to do something. They will need the revenue to survive, they are
probably already really hurting for revenue. Their stock price has tanked on
them so they won't go to the equity market for funds. They have been
flitting away their reserves from the IPO on acquisitions that would seem to
have very little if any revenue contribution to the company.

        We need a good old fashion 'user' revolt, tell Protel that we are
not going to take it any more. Their days of blank promises and lies are
over and we will only budge after they 'prove' their intent to supply good
applications, fix bugs and otherwise support their product and customers.

        Thus far Protel have proven time and time again that they will not
support their product. ATS as an example, introduced Oct 2001, approx. Nov.
2001 they announce no more service paks for P99SE. That was after how long
without any service packs at that time, a year? What is the ATS buying,
simple, nothing! Here we are July 2002, not one new feature or fix available
to us since when? What is ATS, a Protel money grab of the worst sort, backed
by lies and deceit. Last week they shutdown the North American tech support
for 1.5 days mid-week without any notification or indication that they were
even closed. What kind of improved tech support is that? What has anybody
received under ATS that all have not received for nothing, not one thing,
right?

        Make sure that Protel knows that they are not getting your money by
blatantly posting here that they are not getting your money. Time and time
again. They are watching this list.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer