On 03:41 PM 29/07/2002 +0930, Terry Creer said:
>Hi All,
>         Does anybody know the name and location of the file(s) that store
>custom settings (i.e. toolbars, hotkeys etc..) for PCB and Sch in P99SE? On
>a couple of occasions, I've had a crash and then restarted to find that all
>of my custom keys and settings have disappeared!
>         Anyway, as a safety measure, I'd like to back that file up as often
>as possible.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Terry Creer
>
>Electronic Design Technician
>Clipsal Integrated Systems Pty. Ltd.

This is discussed often - have a look in the archive for other threads on
this subject.

basically - in the Windows install directory you will find a number of ini
files and rcs files.  The ini files are important when you have custom
servers installed and you have customised things like colours.  The RCS
files are where toolbars, menus and key shortcuts stored.  They are all
text files - have a look in them and other obvious (by name) files in the
windows install folder and you should be able to figure it out.

I think there may be a KB item for backing up customisations on the Protel
KB - have a look there.

Ian Wilson

* Tracking #: 73D0DDC9F6A14042B7B00B3B7DCAC6D8BE3CAB99