There is a way around this bug.

Open the Client99SE.ini file with a text editor (windows or WINNT
directory), find the entry DisplaySplashScreen=True, and change it to
False.

Protel will not show the logo on startup, and the minimise bug will
disappear.

Mike.

                    "Katinka

                    Mills"               To:     "Protel EDA Forum"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    <katinka@mages       cc:

                    tower.com>           Subject:     Re: [PEDA] Bizzare and
Repeatable

                    30-Aug-2002

                    11:07

                    Please respond

                    to "Protel EDA

                    Forum"

<elsnipo>

> This time, however, rather than wait for Protel to load, I hit the
> "minimize" button while it still has its little Protel "Logo Box" in the
> center of the screen, and is starting to load files, and it
> dissappears into
> the taskbar, so I can launch PowerDesk (or Explorer, or something else)
so
> that I can go directly to the other system and copy the netlist
> to the local
> drive before importing (to eliminate anything that may be be happening
> because of the "import" across the network).

<elsnipo>

This is a known bug (in the database IIRC) and it has to do with
minimiseing
protel suring loading. IIRC the fix is to wait for protel to load in and
then minimise.

Regards,

Kat.

K.A.Q. Electronics.