Fabian,

See below,

JaMi

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fabian Hartery" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Protel EDA Forum'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 2:24 PM
Subject: Re: [PEDA] - Possible Bug? -NO -YES

> JaMi,
>
> I would have to agree with Dennis that this is not a bug. My counter to
this
> is that one could try and use lines on a schematic for interconnecting
> parts. When doing a netlist, you would find nothing was connected. Protel
> points this out subtly by having associated colors for those purposes.

Actually I would dissagree for two different reasons.

1. Schematics are Schematics, and PCBs are PCBs, and they are not the same.
A "Line" on the "Top Layer" is "copper" and DOES have connectivity in a PCB.

2. In this wonderful software package of ours, if you place a "Track" on the
"Top Layer", and then place a "Line" on the "Top Layer", and then Place a
"Track" on "Mechanical 4", and then place a "Line" on "Mechanical 4", what
do you have? Well according to this brilliant software, if you double click
on any of the four, you will find that they are all "Tracks".

This  should actually "rest the case" ; )

> In this light, I would like to know if there is an official bugs list for
> Protel on line all the same. I thought there was a mention of something
like
> this on Yahoo ? I not not know if it was Ian that volunteered this form of
> archiving, as unloving as a job it would be ?

Ian is the "keeper of the bugs" on Yahoo!, so you might want to contact him
about this one.

We have been kind of keeping "loose track" of a few things here in the
forum, but we really do have to decide just which of those, if any, we
sunmit for SP7, if we submit anything at all, and we should decide soon.

~ ~ ~

> St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada

Sounds cold up there, even at this time of year ; )

Yes Altium I really do really do really do really do want my spseven!

* Tracking #: C591CD621008644AA8B72075717B24C494F5779B