I, for one, am truly dumbfounded. I can't remember ever seeing a
corporation do an about-face after adopting the
alienate-the-loyal-customers marketing plan.  The last company I worked
for did the same thing and after 25 consecutive years of growth, we went
belly up in three short years.  I never bothered expressing my dismay
with direction Altium was taking because I figured it was a waste of
time.  I'm still skeptical about the future for 99SE but there may be
hope after all.  Sonic Foundry takes the opposite tack by offering their
long time customers unpublished deals that are too good to refuse.  I
own licenses for almost every product they make, not because I need them
-in fact I've never even loaded half of the packages- but because they
were such good deals I couldn't pass them up.  Now that I think about
it, that's how I got AutoTrax, then 98, then 99SE.  Every one was too
good 'a deal to pass up.  Make me a DXP deal I can't pass up and I will
likely bite.

Gary Packman