vincent mail wrote:

> so if there were a way to translate my protel ibrary to orced. this
> woudl be a one step conversion : save as sdt , open in orcad ( with the
> library loaded ) and save it to a DSN . done. and my customers would be
> happy.

I'm not going to discourage you, but it seems to be the core of a problem.

While I have succesfully transformed our old OrCAD SDT libraries into
Protel (through OrCAD Capture) and there were only minor issues to correct,
I haven't heard of any way of opposite translation.

There are other possible problems as well.
Having Protel libraries not very different to our old OrCAD SDT libraries
I tried to save a schematic in OrCAD SDT format.
It opened then correctly, but many parts were not exactly where they should be.
Not to mention part values and designators.

Wojciech Oborski