From: "Rolf Molitor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 3:13 AM
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Simulation Function Block, PWLR

Thomas,
i did have a look at the devices PWL and PWLR. you mentioned.
PWL works ok (default as a voltage type). The PWLR (default as a
differential voltage type) demands a "part type attribute must be a value",
but i think its just a protel bug.
The parameter list of the PWLR includes the %vd(pin1, pin2) statement, what
simply means that the differential voltage between pin1 and pin2 should be
taken as an in- or output parameter. An additional '%' (%%vd) should prevent
protel from interpreting the '%v' to insert the part type as a parameter
here. But it doesn't ! Seems to be a simple protel bug (precompiler does not
recognize the '%%vd' but sees a '%v' and wants a value !).
If you give the part type any legal value (e.g. '1' instaed of 'PWLR') the
simulation works and the given value has absolutely no influence on the
result (the netlist contains the '%vd()' statement, protel does not inserts
the value of the part type instead of '%v', the compiler itself seems to
know how to handle '%%vd').

Rolf Molitor
Ing.Buero i2e
Remscheid / Germany