Ben, we've had good results storing bare boards for many months
in the Saran Wrap sheeting that many fabricators use to bundle
boards for shipping.

Saran has the unique property among commonly available materials
that it is a very good gas and vapor barrier, and will exclude oxygen
from the package. Polyethylene (the soft, slightly bluish material) is
_not_ a good barrier, due to micropores. Bare boards shipped in
polyethylene should be over-wrapped with Saran Wrap if they are
to be stored for more than a month or so.

Saran Wrap is the US trade name for polyvinylidene dichloride film.
You can get it at any supermarket (at least here in the US). Don't
get "heavy duty" type. The regular thickness conforms and seals
better.

Brian