From: Jon Elson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 12:38 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Fan out Via clearance

Shuping Lew wrote:

> Hello, all,
>
> I am using Protel 99Se Auto router for fan out Vias.  I'd like to have
> one trace go in between fan out vias. Is there a rule to set it up?
> Thank you very much!

Fortunately, fanout is one of the first things it does.  You should be
able to find a combination of track width, via OD, and grid that will
cause the vias to be placed far enough apart to allow a trace to pass
between them.  It may take some tinkering.  You may want to set
particular rules, just do fanout in the autorouter run, then change the
rules and run again, with lock all preroutes.

Jon