Fabian Hartery wrote:

I am interested in importing a complete Orcad design, within Protel 99SE. I
have successfully imported a schematic set, with the typical occurrence of
shifted/mis-sized port connections and power objects. I can recover from
these nuisance effects. What I need is a way to import the pwb, possibly
through the gerbers, to get at a modifiable design.

Camtastic does not appear to support multi-layer exports to AutoCad. At
least, that is my first impression. Maybe some of the senior folks on the
list can comment on this and offer a procedure. I can see a gerber import
into Protel being useful. The real trouble, to me would, be in associating
nets and planes to an original schematic design. Thanks to all, for any
usable input.

I'm not a senior folk here but I think I can suggest something :-)

You should be able to import OrCAD Layout PCB directly:
Create new (empty) PCB in Protel, then go to File/Import, choose
OrCad *.max files.
Then you will have to map layers (associate OrCad layers to Protel layers).

I played with it as a "transfer tool" only, so I don't know how much
manual cleaning you will need, but I'm sure it will be much easier than
going through Gerber.

Wojciech Oborski