----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2002 8:47 PM
Subject: [PEDA] Pick & Place Data

> I just got a call from a client who is having issues with an assembly
house
> over the pick & place file generated by Protel. There has been discussion
on
> this board in the past, but I can't find the thread in the archives. Are
> there IPC standards for the pick & place file? Is the Protel-generated
file
> usable? I know there's an issue with where the origin is defined in the
> library part (centroid, pin 1, other).

Steve

I have forwarded some emails directly to you, at least the ones I could find
anyway.

The most probable issue is that the CEM will need to manually enter or teach
the data as it is not in a directly 'readable' format for them to program
the equipment. Manual entry/teach is time consuming & costly. If it is a
small CEM they may simply not want to do it due to the down time on the
machine if it is not capable of offline teach.

If you need any more help formatting the PP data let me know what the target
placement machine is.

Best Regards

John A. Ross

RSD Communications Ltd
8 BorrowMeadow Road, Springkerse Industrial Estate
Stirling, Scotland FK7 7UW

Tel (Office)  +44 [0]1786 450572 Ext 225
Tel ( Lab  )  +44 [0]1786 450572 Ext 248
Fax              +44 [0]1786 474653
GSM           +44 [0]7831 373727

Email        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WWW     http://www.rsd.tv