Gents,

I really see no need for outrage at the releasing of Envisage DXP. At no
time, that I know of, was ATS actually charged for. ATS was free with the
first year in buying a new product seat. Has anyone actually paid for ATS in
this forum and got nothing ? If a 99 user bought ATS for real dollars they
should have gotten DXP. I upgraded a schematic license to a full Protel
suite and I got DXP, for free, as promised.

The announcement of NVISAGE is a good thing. One of problems that showed up
with the introduction of DXP was no 'per seat' schematic licensing
capability. So.... if your drafting office or anyone else wanted to view the
schematics... buy another full license suite please !!!!

Since Envisage appears to represent the front end of DXP, they are only
coming full circle on a product design. What would be useful is a form of
Envisage that allows for not editable viewing of schematics and circuit
boards. Free readers are pretty commmon in popular CAD.

Those of that gave birth under Protel 99 know the pain that took the first
three service packs to actually fix it. DXP has its own path, in this
respect. Flaming Altium in this list appears to be useless. Altium never
forced any of its user's to pay for undesired upgrades right away. It did
apparantly appear so for a while. Henceforth, they cancelled ATS and in my
eyes this was an apparent apology.

Fabe

Fabian Hartery
Research Engineer, B. Eng (Electrical)

Guigne International Limited
63 Thorburn Road
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
A1B3M2
tel: 709-738-4070 extension 23
fax: 709-738-4093
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
website: www.guigne.com

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged
information and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy
any copies from your system; you should not copy the message or disclose
its contents to anyone. Any dissemination, distribution or use of this
information by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized
and may be illegal. We cannot accept liability for any damage sustained
as a result of software viruses and advise you to carry out your own virus
checks before opening any attachment.