Hi all,

Remember that mouse driver thread that was going around a few months
ago? Well I'm on a list for an embedded C cross compiler and I thought
you'd get a kick out of this. A guy named 'Leif' started the thread
(near the bottom) and a guy named 'Richard' is the person that wrote the
tool. I've cleaned it up for easy reading:

Leif:
Why doesn't the mouse wheel work withing the ICCAVR IDE editor when
it works in all other programs? Any setting I've missed?

Richard:
This should be the #1 item on the FAQ - if you d/l the latest
MicroSquish
mouse driver, it works fine. I don't know why.

Leif:
Not a very useful answer...
Why should I install another mouse driver than the one originally
delivered with my PC?
If I would so, where can I d/l the Microsquish driver? Cannot fint it
with Google...
Where can I find the FAQ dealing with mouse wheel in ICCAVR?
The "I don't know why"-statement doesn't help alot. All other SW vendors
can manage the mouse wheel, why not Imagecraft?

Richard: (replies to each sentence above)
>Not a very useful answer...
Sigh....

How about www.microsoft.com, and search for mouse driver?

>Where can I find the FAQ dealing with mouse wheel in ICCAVR?

This is the only issue. *I* don't have to install anything to get my
mouse wheel working. Other people do. Go complain to Microsoft why they
don't put their latest drivers in their CDs.

>The "I don't know why"-statement doesn't help alot. All other SW
vendors can manage the mouse wheel, why not Imagecraft?

Sure. I can track down why braindead Microsoft SW doesn't work, or I can
do
things like adding code optimization, or adding structure debug support
for
Studio. What do you prefer?

John: (another user of Richard's compiler)
It is rather unfair to blame Richard for the incompetence of the Bill
Gates' empire don't you think?

Leif: (quickly coming to his senses!!)
Sorry, I didn't mean to be impudent! If this is a Microsoft issue I will
try to find a new driver there. I just thougt there were some settings I
had to do to make the wheel work.
Pls accept my apology, Richard. Your compiler is brilliant, I can live
with the dead wheel as long as the compiler works!

Cheers!