Just cancel out of the wizard,  when it comes up, and and you
should get to the manual input mode (ie a "blank page") in the
librarian.  You can then place pads,  number them,  place line on the
silkscreen layer to draw an outline for the part,  ect.

Think by default it names the componet COMPONENT_1 or something,
which you can just rename using tools,  rename component,  I think it
is.

---Phil

AK> Hi everybody,

AK> Is the "new component wizard " the only way to go about creating a new component
footprint in PROTEL or is there a way by which you can do it yourself (without using
the wizard)?