Hey all,

An interesting problem - P99se SP6, Win2000:

I've made myself a custom LM393 schematic component. This is a dual open
collector comparator, consisting of two parts, 1 and 2. On occasion, Protel
seems to be swapping component parts around on me. Part 1 becomes a part 2,
etc....

This has happened twice now. It happened a few minutes ago, when I had just
placed the components in the schematic, no wiring or anything, and went to
do an annotation. It also happened once a few days ago when it swapped parts
around that were already numbered and in circuit. I'm not sure exactly when
it did that, I just noticed they were swapped a few days ago when going
throught the schematic sheet looking for something else.

Its a "new" schematic file, but with part of the design cut and pasted from
another design. Most of the components I'm using are from the existing
design too.

I have only 3 other multi part components in this design, and they don't
appear to be swapping about. I did not make these two, I exported them from
an existing schematic...... I'm pretty sure that there is nothing weird
about the schematic component I made, but then, why is it the one being
stuffed around like this?

Has anyone had this happen to them before? if so, how do I fix the problem
and stop it from hapenning again?

Please help, I don't like the idea of component parts swapping around
randomly on me!!!

thanks,

Julian

--
Julian Higginson - Design Engineer - Lake Technology.
502/51-55 Mountain St, Ultimo, NSW, 2007, Australia.