I have a design question for us to chew at a bit.
I have a 4-layer board top side components only. The inner layers are
spit-mixed power and ground plane, not necessarily in that order though. The
bottom side of the board is almost bare with only a few traces on it. My
question, from anyones experience, is there a problem with bare board mfg or
the assembly mfg with this due to a imbalance in copper distribution or
anything? I want to keep it just like it is. I have isolation transformer
and 3 power supplies on this relatively small board. The only reason I ask
is because I can pour bottom side copper for more ground copper distribution
at isolated destinations, but it really isn't necessary unless its a mfg
problem.
Hammer me head!
Thanks,
Michael Biggs