> From: Steve Wiseman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

> Yep - not cadworthy... Start saving for this instead.
> http://www.lcdspecifications.com/ibmpdfs/MD22292A1.pdf

3840x2400 pixels? This seems a bit like overkill to me. And it would cost
more than your protel license.

I use a decent 19" CRT running 1280x1024. and I'm sure there are lots of
LCD/TFT/whatever flat panel displays by now that are this resolution or
better.

I find myself using the zoom in and out keys quite a lot in my
configuration, but the zoom keys are always there and easy to use. I've
never felt like I desperately needed better resolution for protel.....
Though I often find myself wishing windows had a standard zoom in/out hotkey
setup just like in Protel. For stuff like PDF's image viewing/editing and
similar, that sort of ability to zoom in and out on the cursor would be
awesome.

BTW, I'm interested to know what resolution everyone else thinks is
necessary for working on PCBs in Protel.

Julian

--
Julian Higginson - Design Engineer - Lake Technology.
502/51-55 Mountain St, Ultimo, NSW, 2007, Australia.