Hello All,
        I have two (2) position jumpers with a rectangular silkscreen drawn around
them.  I want to place them on my PCB such that one side of the silkscreen
overlap.  I created a component jumper class and added these two jumpers.
In the design rules under Placement, Component Clearance Constraint I set up
a rule for the jumper class to have a gap of 0 mil with scope A and B both
set to the jumper class.  I did this thinking that it would allow me to
place the jumper side by side with the silkscreen s on one side overlapping
while not affecting other components.  I also left the default Component
Clearance rule in place - 10 mil gap with scope A and B set to board.

When I attempt this I get a violation as soon a s the silkscreen over lap.
If I un-check the On-line Component Clearance check box (under Design Rule
Check),  I stop getting the violations.  How ever,  if click on the Run DRC
button,  I still get a violation.  Of coarse this also goes away when I
un-check the Report Component Clearance check box also under Design Rule
Check.

        What am I doing wrong?  Any information that you can give will be greatly
appreciated.  Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

John Branthoover            :
Electrical Design Engineer  :
Acutronic  R & D            :Phone  (412) 968-1051
640 Alpha Drive             :Fax    (412) 963-0816
Pittsburgh PA 15238         :Email  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
USA                         :WEB    http://www.acutronic.com