Ray, in: (right click or Tools menu) Preferences/Graphical Editing uncheck
"Add Template to Clipboard".

Select the section of the schematic you want to copy, Edit/Copy (Cntrl-C)
add a reference point.

Paste (Cntrl-V) into word.

You may need to add a selected bounding box around the selection to prevent
clipping of some text.

Use the Hyperlink function in Word to open the schematic's database when
clicked.