On 04:28 PM 24/02/2003, Tehn Yit Chin said:
Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is a utility for showing differences between
schematics?

Not as a graphical diff.

You can extract netlists and do a net compare (between two Sch netlists), this is possibly the closest you will get in the P99 environment. You can also do a diff on the Sch if saved in ASCII format but this will possibly produce garbage output as there is no guaranteed order in an ASCII Sch.

Real graphical and deeper diff'ing between sch's or even PCBs has been discussed on the dxp forums and I think Altium have said that it is certainly something of interest but as far as I know there has been nothing stated that such a facility is going to be delivered.

Would be really nice to have a really good graphical diff engine bewteen revs of sch or PCBs.

Ian Wilson