Since it seems like we have some audiophile audio designers out there....
I've got a high-end home audio pre-amp that I'd like to run into an A/D in my
studio to do some archiving but I've got a small problem I'm trying to sort
out.  The pre-amp obviously has unbalanced RCA outputs and the A/D has your
standard XLR balanced inputs.  Things I am concerned about:

- Running the unbalanced line directly into the balanced input and taking the
6db Gain hit... but what about the impedance mismatch?
- Don't really want to use an active or passive D/I box for fear of degrading
audio quality
- Maybe a audiophile-quality balanced line driver?

Basically I don't want to ruin the quality and nuances of the pre-amp before
digitization by adding another gain stage just to fix the unbalanced/balanced
mismatching problem.

Opinions / suggestions welcome...