Yea...the preamp has less than 100 ohms on its output.  Hopefully it will be
fine...

-----Original Message-----
From: Bagotronix Tech Support [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 3:44 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] OT: Unbalanced line into Balanced Input

> - Running the unbalanced line directly into the balanced input and taking
the
> 6db Gain hit... but what about the impedance mismatch?

As long as your pre-amp has low impedance (600 ohm or so) outputs and your
A/D has higher impedance inputs (10K or so), you will be OK.  With these
types of signals, you don't need to match impedances.  Matching impedances
is only necessary to maximize power transfer (speaker LC crossovers), or
minimize signal reflections (RF frequencies or long digital signal runs).
In the case of audio line level signals, you don't care about maximizing
power transfer, and the low frequencies and short distances involved don't
require you to minimize signal reflections.  So try it and see (er, I mean,
hear) what happens!

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.