Hi peter,

you can leave the pins floating if motherboard manu;facture terminated on baord if not
you cannot leave it floating, you have to terminate with the approraite value
mentioned in the pci local bus for the unused pins, usally it is terminated by the
motherboard man.. itself. If any help is further required regarding in details contact
my mail id

Regards

masthi

"Protel EDA Forum" wrote:

I'm using a on-board voltage regulator in order to provide power to my IC. What should
I do with all the unused 3.3V and 5V pins? should I use a high freq decoupling cap of
0.01uF for each unused pin? can I tie more than one 3.3 or 5V pins and save some
capacitors -> save space?

I'd appreciate any help on this...
Regards
Peter