Dr Gwyn Roberts wrote:
Hi all,

Need to place a number of terminal blocks in a row, with the body of each touching that of its neighbour, on a PCB being laid out in Protel DXP.

Despite setting the electrical placement and component clearance DRCs for these particular components to 0mm, Protel still flags this a violation when they are placed next to each other. . Anyone come across this problem/know of a workaround?

Many thanks
Gwyn Roberts
Univ of Wales, Bangor

One solution is to draw the component outline of these parts slightly undersize. For example, for 1/4W resistors that I want to place on 0.1 inch centers, I make the component outline 0.090 wide - then, even with .01 wide tracks for the outline, the outlines will not overlap.

-- Peter Bennett TRIUMF 4004 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC, Canada GPS and NMEA info and programs: http://vancouver-webpages.com/peter/index.html