This has happened to me on two occasions. I would try doing as an earlier
correspondent suggested and copy files into a new database asap. Never
found out what the problem was but in the first case I started to get
system exceptions and crashes. I never did recover the database and had to
reload a backup and work from that. After the second occurence I was
getting exceptions which stayed with the new database (although files were
still usable)  and didn't go away until I reinstalled Protel & SP6. I
suspected a corrupt dll  but have no way of knowing
BTW does anyone know what the repair database utility does? It didn't fix
my ballooning databases and it always comes back with the repaired
succesfully message even if it hasn't !

                      "Jim Parr"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>
                      .nz>                     cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: [PEDA] very large
database files
                      16-Jul-2003 10:45

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      "Protel EDA

                      Forum"

I am not sure of my facts in your case but the size issue you mention is
very possibly the result of failure to compress the database file (by you
or
others).  The trick is to 'purge' the deleted files from database before
compression.

Jim