I've been here too Peter. Protel can be a messy blighter, leaves little
bits of segments all over the place. I am not a power user so there might
be better ways but I have found that I needed to remove every last trace of
old copper before the DRC and autorouter would behave. I have used various
strategies to pick out the unwanted bits. Basically it has been a manual
"search and destroy" mission for me.
Robert



                                                                                       
                                                   
                      Peter Moreton                                                    
                                                   
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       "'Protel EDA Forum'" <[EMAIL 
PROTECTED]>                            
                      >                        cc:                                     
                                                   
                                               Subject:  Re: [PEDA] DRC errors         
                                                   
                      18-Jul-2003 09:22                                                
                                                   
                      AM                                                               
                                                   
                      Please respond to                                                
                                                   
                      Protel EDA Forum                                                 
                                                   
                                                                                       
                                                   
                                                                                       
                                                   




Thanks to Steve & Brian who replied to my question; I have checked the
points they raised, and still no luck.

However, I noticed today that when I start the Autorouter, there is
quite a bit of copper already on the PCB, from previous sessions. Maybe
I'm doing something completely wrong, but my process is:

1/ Place components as ideally as possible
2/ Autoroute. DRC reports clearance errors and short circuits
3/ Tools, "Unroute All" (but about 15 tracks remain)
4/ Adjust component placement
5/ Autoroute. DRC reports clearance errors and short circuits again

It looks as though the Autorouter is unable to work around all the
existing copper - is there something else to do to 'purge' the board of
copper, in addition to 'Unroute All'

Thanks, Peter Moreton










* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* To post a message: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
*
* To leave this list visit:
* http://www.techservinc.com/protelusers/leave.html
*
* Contact the list manager:
* mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
*
* Forum Guidelines Rules:
* http://www.techservinc.com/protelusers/forumrules.html
*
* Browse or Search previous postings:
* http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Reply via email to