* * * This post is in answer to a post originally posted to the DXP Tech
Forum, but answered here for obvious reasons * * *

Andrew,

Whoa there ! ! !

Wait Just a Darn Minute There ! ! ! (He said trying to keep it clean ! ! !)

Don't go giving anyone any ideas here ! ! !

It has only been a year since DXP was Officially Announced (one year ago
tomorrow, see below).

While DXP is offically only at SP2, it is actually currently in its eighth
acknowledged (known) incarnation:

1) DXP Original Beta Prior to Release (Limited Controlled Release) .

2) DXP Original Official Release.

3) DXP SP1 Pre-Release (Limited Controlled Release).

4) DXP SP1 Official Release.

5) DXP SP2 Pre-Release (Limited Controlled Release).

6) DXP SP2 Official Release - Current Official Release.

7) DXP SP3 Pre-Release (Limited Controlled Release).

8) DXP SP3 1/2 (SP3.5) Pre-Release (SP3 Build 104) - Current Pre-Release
(Limited Controlled Release).

(N O T E :  Based on current calculations using the current "Build Number"
of SP3.5 and compensating for the "Phase of the Day" and the "Time of the
Moon", there can be 17 more "Builds" of  SP3  before it actually becomes
necessary to either actually release the official version of  SP3, or go
directly into SP4 Pre-Release (this calculation additionally compensates for
the fact that it is now the middle of Winter in the land of Oz)).

While it is very apparent that they (Altium) have indeed employed a lot of
"Programming Talent [sic]" in getting DXP to where it currently stands at
this point in time (Officially only SP2), it is equally apparent by
examining the posts in this [DXP] forum, that not even they themselves
consider that DXP is out of the actual "Beta" stage and into a "Final
Functional Product Release Form Factor" yet.

Look, many of us that have actually already paid for DXP are still waiting
to get the signal that it has actually really and truly been transformed
into a stable working product that we can use, and here you come along and
try and give them ideas like the "price . . . increas[ing] dramatically".

Careful now, or they may get the idea that they can start charging for
Service Packs, or worse yet, changing the name of DXP to yet again something
else once they finally get it really working, so that they can charge all of
us massive "upgrade fees" for the "new product".

I think that the operative thing to do right now is to let it be known that
we are all still expectantly waiting for the actual delivery of a functional
DXP Product.

While DXP is 1 year old tomorrow from the announcement perspective, we are
all really still waiting for it to be delivered.

With respect to answering the original post by Thomas (below), which you
were answering:

Yes we still need and want SP7 for Protel 99 SE.

JaMi

*** BELOW COPIED FROM MY OWN PEDA ARCHIVE
*** ARCHIVE ORIGINALLY POSTED  JULY 21, 2002