Tim,
        Yes, it says that M$ jet databases are prone to database corruption issues.
The repair function is a Microsoft facility for addressing jet database problems. The
fact that Protel chose to use the jet database system for P99SE means they also
utilize the repair facility. Just thought I should point out that it isn't really a
Protel tool, rather a Microsoft tool. I believe it usually shows up under various
names in Access and other databases based on the core jet database as well.
        In your case you were probably lucky that the repair fixed your particular
problem, I have had dozens of file corruption issues that the repair facility does
nothing for. I believe that the repair facility is best for fixing corrupt files
within the database structure, not really corruptions within the file's data
structure. There are a number of people on this list that know a lot more about the
jet database system than I do, possibly they will explain better or correct me if I
made any erroneous suggestion.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer