From: Jörg Guttmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 2003/09/15 Mon PM 12:19:40 EDT
To: "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Global changes

I'm doing the following ín such cases:

0/ (with the slash) as a Prefix in the first schematic
not only for component designators but also for
net labels und ports. For Example 0/R12, 0/R17, 0/C5, 0/N423
and so on.

Then it's easy to make a copy of the schematic und
use the <edit - replace text> dialog from the schematic main
menu bar to change all strings in the copied schematic.
You should use:

Text to find:   *       as wildcard for all texts
replace with:  {0/=1/}  replace only the prefix

Components named in this way are looking a little bit unusual
but i've found no problems so far. Protel pcb and the
synchroniser don't complain.

This should also work with other characters as
separator, for example the dot <.> and also with postfixes
if you need the characters like R or C at the beginning
of the designators.

It's important that the seperator isn't used in normal
designator names.

Dipl. Ing. Jörg Guttmann
eMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Visit our Web Site:   http://www.imar-navigation.de
iMAR GmbH
Gesellschaft für inertiale Mess-, Automatisierungs- und Regelsysteme
Systems for Inertial Measuring, Automation and Control
Im Reihersbruch 3
D-66386  St. Ingbert / Germany

Tel.: +49-(0)6894-9657-34
Fax : +49-(0)6894-9657-22